728x90 AdSpace

Latest News

Friday, May 9, 2014

Firefox automatically log on the Intranet

With us in the company, we have a portal page on the intranet where I am automatically logged into the Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, it works with the Mozilla Firefox automatically.
The reason is that the NTLM authentication when IE is turned on by default, must be safety reasons for each side but specifically activated in Firefox.
In this article I will show how to change that.
As an example, I use http://intranet.example.com/ the address here. You've got to replace it with your own domain.
  1. First, you open the expert view the configuration by their about: config typing in the address bar. From now on, caution is advised so as not to accidentally changed something unintentionally.
  2. In the key network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris you carry the address of the page you will be automatically authorized. Multiple entries are separated by commas. Here that would be http://intranet.example.com/. 
    Firefox automatically log on the Intranet with NTLM

Optionally it is also possible to allow entire domains. For this, at network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris only the domain is entered (eg ". Example.com"). The key network.automatic-ntlm-auth.allow-non-fqdn to true also allows parts of the name.

Now I can type "intranet" in the browser simply and Loading without asking for the password.
Firefox automatically log on the Intranet
  • Title : Firefox automatically log on the Intranet
  • Posted by :
  • Date : 12:06 AM
  • Labels :
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top